Tuesday 12 August 2014

Shadow Puppet

I tried to create more exotic robots, referred from Indonesia's wayang kulit shows. I took from one of the wayang mask, and I use slim shape because since i want it to look more agile. The "hidden blade" shape's referred from Keris, well i just take the basic shape from the weapon. And then i added Batik pattern into some of the parts of the robot.

So in the end i called it Shadow Puppet.

Here's the Final look:

 

And then the WIP's:


After I did my basic sketch, which I didn't show here (sorry!), I start with Basic shapes in Zbrush. Figuring out how the flow and the shapes of the character will be on the final looks. If i didn't have basic sketch, most of the time i will draw in the screenshot to figure out more of the character's final look. 

After I'm happy with the overall shape, i goes into detail with my last workflow.






Mask > Extract > Zremesh > EdgeLoop. Basically it's how i do things lately. I like to keep my polycount as low as possible. (Well i didn't really take care of the topology for this one though)

In this stage some of the parts already out of the basic sketch, but the basic idea still the same.

So i just did this guy in half side in zbrush, and after that i GoZ it to Maya.






I duplicate things from left to right. At this stage, I also tried to put things on Keyshot and do some material testing.






After i feel quite sure with the color scheme i want to go to. I went back to maya and give the robot a simple rigging (Group and Parents). And pose the guy.


And then proceed to keyshot for materials and rendering.


 Here's the final render from keyshot.


And after this I did a lot of detailing with Photoshop until it become the final comp above. 
Well, maybe for the next one i want to getting deeper on the topology and texturing.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment